I was happy with myself for the pettiest of reasons yesterday. Although petty, it felt good cause I was able to conquer a mental block that held me captive for close to two months.
Quite hilarious but I’ll share still.? Continue reading to catch the gist.
So in the past 1month plus(about 7 Sundays), I succesfully burnt my garment consecutively for 3Sundays while pressing ?.
I would wake up early on Sunday morning to press my church wear and somehow, I’ll get it burnt. This happened for 3 Sundays straight so I decided I wasn’t going to iron my garment myself again. I mean, it was just a matter of time before I burnt all my garment. Logical right? I thought so too.
I began giving my garment out to my youngest brother to press or anyone else I could find. Funny thing was that none of them got my garment burnt using the same iron over a couple of Sundays. Then it became obvious that the problem wasn’t the IRON, the problem was ME.
I clearly was doing something wrong.
So, I woke up yesterday morning determined to press my cloth myself without getting it burnt. Guess what! I did. I pressed my cloth myself without extra help…*pops a bottle of sweaty pepsi*??
Probably wondering what the moral of this gist is right?…Errm! If you’ve not guessed it yet, let me share with you.
1. Mental blocks are real, they can stop you from achieving…look around you, they are captured in those little things you think don’t matter.
2. You can’t leave your success to chance. I mean, there is an average of 52 Sundays in a year. Leaving my success in the hands of others is absolutely not sustainable in this case.
3. The pain of failure is real and it can create terrible Mental blocks that can keep you static for the rest of your life.
(You probably don’t know how painful it is to burn 3 Sunday garment except you attend the C&S Church or you’re a Bishop). #Lol
4. As Success leaves trace and clue, failure also does. If you’re failing, check well, you’re not doing something right.
5. Many of us never succeed cause we fail to try again…fail as many times as you can but try again. This time, try differently.
Nuff said, go into this new week consciously destroying all mental blocks. Try again.
Cheers to your success.
Peace, Love and Cold Zobo.